Made the move...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAJerry

Feb 12, 2006
Waterford, PA
Ordered a PE Vista insert yesterday after months of researching what might be just right for our home. The info here has been super, and I thank everyone for all their wisdom. After a $300 gas bill in December, we decided we had to do something. We are blessed with a bountiful 5 acres - 4 acres of mixed hardwood, mostly ash, maple and cherry, a nice clean stream that runs all year round, and a very productive 1/2 acre garden that provides us with all our fruit and vegetables. Getting more heat from our fireplace is going to make things that much better, since the wife and I are getting a bit older and the cold seems to get a little harder to take.

Again, thanks to everyone for all the things I have learned here. Plan to stick around and post pictures after the install is done.

The enjoyment & payback you get out of your garden is the same you will get out of your woodstove.

Great news,
I would start processing your firewood as soon as you can. Dry wood is the best wood.

Congrats!

Doing the same thing was one of the best decisions my husband and I ever made.

Now get to that woods and start preparing for next winter....it will be a very good one if you have some nice dry hardwood cut with your own hands. Some how that makes a big difference.

And you will be so warm that it will be hard to go visiting, remember to bring a sweater. We went from being the cold house people dreaded visiting in the winter, to the place they come just to sit by the fire, pet the cat, have a cuppa tea and get cosy.

Cheers,
Donna

I already have 2 racks of ash cut and split, and quite a bit of apple that is down but needs to be cut, split and stacked. I also have a full cord of split hardwood being delivered in mid-April from a neighbor. Next winter we want to be WARM!
Thanks for the encouragement!

Jerry,

Where are you in PA? I've not been able to see the PE stoves anywhere around where I live, North Wales, PA. I'd be curious to hear your experience with the dealer as well.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric, I live near Waterford which is a little southeast of Erie. Dealer is in Warren, about 45 mi. east of me. CJ's Home Decor and Fireplaces is the name of the store. They seem like nice people and their installer is the most knowledgeable guy I have talked to in all my searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.