Made this today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisnow86

Minister of Fire
Made a nice pot scraper today.. Whipped it up in my machine shop, took about a hour.. Nice long handle so I won't burn the hair off my hand anymore.
image.jpeg

Perfect

I did one similar... bought a big cheapie Charlie screwdriver at the local junk shop,
and welded a piece of flat stock on the end.. it's 17" long, hand not close to hot stuff...

cheapie_scraper.jpg

Took a piece of 304 s.s. Heated it and bent it, cut a slot, used a cut off saw band saw blade as the edge brazed it on and pressed on the handle.

Pretty nifty! I went all out and dropped about $4 bucks at HF for a long pry bar. LOL! Ghetto style....

You guys with your DIY projects! Now, I'm thinking I've got an old 60degree lob wedge that is no good anymore but it has a very sharp leading edge...

Status
Not open for further replies.