Magnetic Thermometer placement Enviro Venice 1700 Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krysssyann

Nov 10, 2011
Cheshire, CT
Hi everyone - This site has been super helpful in gearing us up for our first winter burning with our new stove :) I want to be as good as possible (and being a newbie scared of over-firing) so I wanted to ask where I should put the magnetic thermometer on our insert? I wrote enviro and haven't heard back but know a few of you have one of these inserts and others are just super knowledgeable. Our manual says stovetop should be 250-550 - does that mean I should put the thermometer on the top where it sticks out from the fireplace? Or somewhere on the front/door area? I feel that I am turning down the fire too early and this would be a more confident way to monitor our burning. Thanks!

I have mine on the stove top under the convection shroud behind the surround. I have it mounted kinda upside down so I can see the temps. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow. I will tell you that in my limited experience, this stove runs much hotter than that early in the burn cycle. IR thermometer might be a good investment too.

Now, please post some pics of that thing. I would really like to see some real life pics of it. I've only seen the brochure pics.

Also, I forgot to mention, be careful if you put it under the shroud. I put it on and scooted it into place. It did scratch the paint a bit.

Thank you King! I will get some pictures up after the weekend - the bottom shelf that we ordered for it got screwed up in the order so it should finally be getting installed this weekend - want to take pictures of the total package (it looks a lot more finished to me with the bottom shelf) - so far we really like it - just been getting used to burning as the temps are just starting to come down!

Status
Not open for further replies.