Magnum 7500 Convec. Fan Running Constantly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avenged06x

Nov 29, 2013
Byron MI
Hello all. Just getting started with the pellet stove scene. Had a power outage the other day and ran my stove on a generator which I dont know if it has anything to do with the issue I am having now. I ordered a new plenum fan limit switch (200off 140on 90off) as I thought this was my issue and as soon as the stove cools to 90ish the switch will click but fan will run non-stop until about five or so minutes after I shut it down. Am I looking at a snap disc issue possibly? Hope I got all the info you guys need!

Lemme know if you need more.

Appreciate the helpin advance!!

NICK

If the switch is a off at 90 and you state that it is 90 ish and still running the stove may still be warm enough to keep the switch happy. Output can be lower than what the stove is depending on several factors. If the fan is coming on and running that's good,its when it quits when the stove is hot that things will warp etc and hopefully the overtemp switch shuts the auger down to prevent any damage.

If the switch is a off at 90 and you state that it is 90 ish and still running the stove may still be warm enough to keep the switch happy. Output can be lower than what the stove is depending on several factors. If the fan is coming on and running that's good,its when it quits when the stove is hot that things will warp etc and hopefully the overtemp switch shuts the auger down to prevent any damage.

But when it drops to 90° You can see the switch and also hear it click thus meaning the stove should heat back up to 140 and distribute that hotter heat. My old plenum switch worked before we had a power outage now my convection fan just runs non stop 24/7.

I know on the 3500 the fan circuit is hot and the snap disk controls the fan.

I would give magnum a call. Hopefully they will still have someone that's versed in its operation. Bill used to be the lead tech.

I would give magnum a call. Hopefully they will still have someone that's versed in its operation. Bill used to be the lead tech.

Emailed them. Didn't get very far. Is this switch wired correctly?

Attachments

• 20131202_190102.jpg
    20131202_190102.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.