MagnuM Baby Countryside Pellet Stove Blower Fan Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ColdHouse

Nov 2, 2019
Ontario
Hi everyone

I have an issue with my pellet stove that I can't seem to figure out yet and hoping for some help. The convection blower fan isn't turning on when the pellet stove is running. The fan is definitely working as I've plugged it into the exhaust fan wires when running the stove. It's almost as there's something in the circuit board that isn't turning it on. There are no snap disks or anything else (that I'm aware of) preventing the fan from getting power. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Don2222
The blower is controlled by a snap disc per the manual.

The blower is controlled by a snap disc per the manual.
Which snap disk would it be? There's a proof of fire which would be for the combustion fan, the air switch which would be for the air pressure, and the O-temp switch which I thought would be to shut the stove down in case it became too hot?

here is the link to the manual. the POF snap disc has 2 brown colored wires connected to it. it will be located "near" the convection blower housing the manual does not show where it is exactly. so follow the brown wires

Ok thanks for the help. I have the manual and had read it but I was under the assumption that the proof of fire snap disc was there to tell that there was a fire going during start up and therefore keep it going. Wasn't aware that it was to turn on the convection blower. Definitely what the problem was though so I'll be ordering a new proof of fire snap disk