1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Major Score

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by CT-Mike, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT-Mike

CT-Mike Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New England
    Found a guy looking for someone to cut wood on his farm on a share basis (1 cord for him, 1 for me). He agreed that I can take 10-12 cords. I am going to fell and limb and cut into 30' sticks. He drags them to a landing area with his excavator, then I cut to 2' lengths for him to feed his OWB.

I am hiring a grapple truck to take my share of the sticks to my house so that I can cut and split as I have the time. My father-in-law (retired NH lumberjack) is giving me a second Jonsered 2063 for a backup saw, and the wife let me pick up a Husqvarna 240 for the kid to limb the trees with once I drop them. Also picked up the helmet/shield/muff combo and chaps for the kid & I.

Gotta like scoring 10-12 cords of hardwood, this should put me 2-3 years ahead.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. cruzer

cruzer Member

Loc:
    CT
    Did you find this guy off C-list? I saw an add that sounded similar to this in CT - If so good score!

Stew
  3. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    Oh man you have some work ahead of you. Good score.
  4. Risser09

Risser09 New Member

Loc:
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    Hopefully your son can keep up. That's quite a bit of work, but well worth it.
  5. CT-Mike

CT-Mike Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New England
    The kid is 20 and still living at home. His help on this earns him a couple more months of room and board. :)
  6. savageactor7

savageactor7 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CNY
    I'd say that's a good deal with him dragging the trees to a staging area...maybe you can cultivate a relationship and do that for years to come.
  7. CT-Mike

CT-Mike Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New England
    savage,

Yup, I definitely can't complain about the landowner dragging the sticks out to the landing. Hopefully he is happy with my work and I can keep this relationship up for many years to come.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.