1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Mama Bear firebrick question

Post in 'Fisher Stove Information, Parts, History and More' started by Merrill, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Merrill

Merrill New Member

Hello Coaly: Acquired a little used Mama Bear about 30 years ago. I stored it in the basement and did not use. Until now! Or will use it after my new outside shop is completed. I have the firebrick in a box (took out of the stove to save weight in moving - Duh!) and now need the layout for the brick, as you showed for the Papa Bear stove a couple months ago. Except for the Mama Bear. Do you have such?

Also in reading the Fisher thread, there is talk about adding a baffle. My stove is not the older one, but it does have a square opening and square door. And no inside baffle. Just a plate beneath the 6" flue. Can I add a baffle? Should I?

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    The brick layout is in the Mama Bear Firebrick thread here;
    http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/mama-bear-firebricks.88386/

And the baffle pictured in this thread is in my Mama Bear that worked out very well sitting on the small horizontal plate below the outlet. 2 firebricks stood upright on the sides supports the front of a solid steel plate on an angle that directs the flame to the stove top, instead of out the rear outlet.
    http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...d-fisher-more-heat-less-smoke-under-25.74710/
  3. Merrill

Merrill New Member

4. Merrill

Merrill New Member

Thank you very much the the helpful reply and information.