Man rescued from under fallen tree

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working alone is no joke. I often work alone on trails with no cell phone coverage. I always keep a vehicle (truck, gator, etc.) between where I'm working and the exit. I typically drive to cell service once or twice a day and have a habit of calling at or just before dusk to say I'm "out of the woods" - Its not the best buts its worked so far (knock on wood!) for me.....

stayalert said:
Working alone is no joke. I often work alone on trails with no cell phone coverage. I always keep a vehicle (truck, gator, etc.) between where I'm working and the exit. I typically drive to cell service once or twice a day and have a habit of calling at or just before dusk to say I'm "out of the woods" - Its not the best buts its worked so far (knock on wood!) for me.....

I agree about working alone. Suggestion: have a pre-arranged length of time to hear from you, after which someone takes action (calls 911, comes looking for you, whatever). Might inconvenience you occasionally to have to interrupt your work to call, but could be a life saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.