Many times I am asked to recomend an installer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

This is a very touchy subject. I cannot recomend installers. as an inspector. What I do, is provide a list of installers who have done past installations in my town

I order that list with the company that has preformed the most installations first. I also include the nunber or re inspections required ( I just provide public records) From that list the homeowner can choose whom to call. The better installers just happen to populate the top of the list. and end up the most frquently called

Nothing wrong with that. I've heard from customers that our inspector simply says look in the Yellow Pages and pick the first company you see. Our company starts with "A" so it's taken alot that they're recommending us. However I think it's simply that they are not allowed to recommend anyone and they're trying ot tell the customer that my guess is as good as yours.

When I worked at Home Depot we were not allowed to recommended contractors also. If you start recommending people its like you endorse them. Then if the customer has a bad experience they come back and yell at you for recommending someone bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.