Martin Stamping and Stove CW-3000 free standing fireplace Info?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Korte

Sep 17, 2012
Hi folks! New to the board here, name is Kelly and I live in Colorado Springs. I just picked up an old Martin free standing fireplace model CW-3000. I have looked far and wide for documentation on this fireplace so that I can permit the install with the city to no avail. I got some information from some fireplace company in Alabama (which is where Martin originated) and was told that company was bought by Monessen Hearth and US Stove. I got through to US Stove and have a gal looking her archives, but it's not looking promising.

Anyhow, it seems like you all have a great forum here and figured this would be a great place to check as well. I tried searching this forum for "Martin" and only 1 thread returned. Hopefully somebody here might be able to help!

Just looking for something official in the form of install document to satisfy the city permit department. Even if I do obtain the document, still not sure they will permit since it's not UL rated. Anyone that has feedback on either the Martin and\or permitting an older non-UL rate unit is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Kelly

Reactions: Kurt Carman
Status
Not open for further replies.