1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Mass National Grid Customers

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by daveswoodhauler, Oct 4, 2013.

1. daveswoodhauler

daveswoodhauler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Hi Folks - I know that there are quite of few of us here from Mass, and just saw the new rates posted by National Grid.
    Basic supply costs are going up from 7.251 cents to 10.025 cents (ouch) This is supply costs, and not delivery charges...so the average impact is going to be appx $14 month if your average use is 500 kwh.
    The 10.025 rate is from 11/1/13 to 4/30/14.
    Looks like you can go with Dominion Energy for 8.79 cents.

Mods, please feel free to delete/remove if need be....just wanted to give a heads up to other members here in mass so they don't freak out when they get their november 2013 electric bill
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    Doug MacIVER likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Doug MacIVER

Doug MacIVER Minister of Fire

Loc:
    se mass
    mmmm, so much for any thought of a electric h2o heater, with nat gas rising and coal going offline, subsidizing cape wind. triple wammie. we're going to need a bigger stove!!!!!!!!!http://www.nationalgridus.com/masselectric/home/rates/4_default.asp
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  3. tekguy

tekguy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    west mass
    Screw me, I run a dehumidifier in the basement 24x7 and have national grid... That's gonna cost

Is there a site that shows all providers rates current and historical?