Master Bath door in basement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjr23

Nov 2, 2009
Eastern WA
I would like as much light as possible going between the rooms in the location the bath is in. It's a full basement and will be regular incadecent lights. I was wondering if using a full lite interior 36" door with the Reed pattern would be a option. I thought maybe of installing cloth curtains for the times that no light was wanted. This is a larger bath and I kinda wanted something different than the standard six panel core door. Am I going over the top on this? Any interior designer bath door people out there? bjr

I put a 15 panel glass door on the master bath, and currently have a lacey curtain on the inside. Bath & master don't get alot of traffic, so it works.

I did purchase a stained glass "film" for the glass, haven't installed it yet. I got mine at the Home Boy Depot, but here's something similar

biscayne-stained-glass-window-film-9-th.jpg

http://windowfilmworld.com/stained_glass_window_film.htm

I made a door with full lite, frosted glass and an engraved Native American symbol in the glass. With lights on in the bathroom, only the faintest shadow of a body shows through the glass, unless the person is right up against the glass.

For my wife and me, modesty is way over-rated. If our guests are that modest, they never should appear in public with a bathing suit or shorts, or they simply will have to "hold-it" and wait until they get home to use a bathroom. We decorate our house the way we like it, not for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.