1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Master Bath door in basement

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by bjr23, Jul 27, 2010.

1. bjr23

bjr23 Member

Loc:
    Eastern WA
    I would like as much light as possible going between the rooms in the location the bath is in. It's a full basement and will be regular incadecent lights. I was wondering if using a full lite interior 36" door with the Reed pattern would be a option. I thought maybe of installing cloth curtains for the times that no light was wanted. This is a larger bath and I kinda wanted something different than the standard six panel core door. Am I going over the top on this? Any interior designer bath door people out there? bjr

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Dix

Dix Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    I put a 15 panel glass door on the master bath, and currently have a lacey curtain on the inside. Bath & master don't get alot of traffic, so it works.

I did purchase a stained glass "film" for the glass, haven't installed it yet. I got mine at the Home Boy Depot, but here's something similar

[​IMG]

http://windowfilmworld.com/stained_glass_window_film.htm
  3. jebatty

jebatty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MN
    I made a door with full lite, frosted glass and an engraved Native American symbol in the glass. With lights on in the bathroom, only the faintest shadow of a body shows through the glass, unless the person is right up against the glass.

For my wife and me, modesty is way over-rated. If our guests are that modest, they never should appear in public with a bathing suit or shorts, or they simply will have to "hold-it" and wait until they get home to use a bathroom. We decorate our house the way we like it, not for others.