1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Master Bath door in basement

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by bjr23, Jul 27, 2010.

1. bjr23

bjr23 Member

Loc:
    Eastern WA
    I would like as much light as possible going between the rooms in the location the bath is in. It's a full basement and will be regular incadecent lights. I was wondering if using a full lite interior 36" door with the Reed pattern would be a option. I thought maybe of installing cloth curtains for the times that no light was wanted. This is a larger bath and I kinda wanted something different than the standard six panel core door. Am I going over the top on this? Any interior designer bath door people out there? bjr

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    I put a 15 panel glass door on the master bath, and currently have a lacey curtain on the inside. Bath & master don't get alot of traffic, so it works.

I did purchase a stained glass "film" for the glass, haven't installed it yet. I got mine at the Home Boy Depot, but here's something similar

[​IMG]

http://windowfilmworld.com/stained_glass_window_film.htm
  3. jebatty

jebatty Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MN
    I made a door with full lite, frosted glass and an engraved Native American symbol in the glass. With lights on in the bathroom, only the faintest shadow of a body shows through the glass, unless the person is right up against the glass.

For my wife and me, modesty is way over-rated. If our guests are that modest, they never should appear in public with a bathing suit or shorts, or they simply will have to "hold-it" and wait until they get home to use a bathroom. We decorate our house the way we like it, not for others.