Matra Pellet weirdness

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

smirnov3

Feeling the Heat
Feb 7, 2006
Eastern Ma
So I burned Matra Pellets for two years, and they are seriously nice pellets: they are very low ash, which is critical for me, as I use a pellet insert & cleaning out the flue requires pulling the stove out of my fireplace (which is a PITA)

But the weird thing is, they are slightly sticky. Not so much that you would notice touching them, but the last 2-3 pounds in the hopper don't drop all the way down - they stick to the the hopper's corners & edges. And when I cleaned the ash, the layer on the glass (I use a Harman Accentra) required a lot of elbow grease to get off.

At first I assumed it was just my stove getting old, but this year I switched back to Logik-e pellets, and the stove was back to normal.

I would rate these pellets 9/10