1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Matterhorn Boots - The Forum Strikes Again

Post in 'The Gear' started by BrotherBart, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Many thanks to Forum member yukiginger for the heads-up on a pair of Matterhorn 12255 S&R boots on eBay in my size. The seller was a royal pain in the butt but these are the best boots I have ever owned in my life. I have had them in the woods all week and will never forgive the U.S. Army for not issuing me a pair of these in 1967.

Comfortable, light and tough as nails with stainless bottom plates and metatarsal guards along with the Kevlar, Gore-Tex, Tiger Tip toes and Vibram soles.

Love'em!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Sandor

Sandor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Deltaville,VA
    I buy Red Wings since the ones I buy are made in the U.S.A. They do last a long time.

Where are those M-horns made? Sounds like a switch could be in order.
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
  4. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    I purchased the Matterhorn Chainsaw boots rather than the S&R boots mostly because I wanted the chainsaw rating, far as I can tell the S&R boots have some kevlar, but aren't actually rated for chainsaw use. (Allthough the meta-tarsal guard may be worth while, it's not quite the same.

At any rate, I agree the boots are comfy for being big clunking boots (as opposed to running shoes...) The only problem is they make my feet so much bigger I'm always kicking and stepping on things that I don't when wearing normal shoes - I have to re-learn wear my feet end!

Gooserider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.