maverick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I don't own one, but I do know a guy that does, his is an XLT with the 2.0 ecoboost and AWD. He's impressed with the fuel economy and says it handles surprisingly well for a tiny truck on our winter roads.

IMO the only reason to buy a Maverick is because of the hybrid powertrain, the fuel economy is quite good. The ecoboost option isn't near as good, about the same as my wife's diesel Colorado, but her Colorado is much more capable for towing if needed. The problem with the hybrid is it is front wheel drive only, which for me is a deal breaker.

Reactions: PaulOinMA
We have two Escapes. I ordered a 2022 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD that was just built and having final inspection ans shipping. Would have considered a Maverick.

Friend hand his parent's '75 Maverick 40 years ago, but that's probably not what you're asking about. 😃

We have two Escapes. I ordered a 2022 Escape Titanium 2.0 AWD that was just built and having final inspection and shipping to MA. Would have considered a Maverick.

Friend hand his parent's '75 Maverick 40 years ago, but that's probably not what you're asking about.

I’ m talking about the new maverick hybrid front wheel drive, problem is you can’t even order one at the moment they are still trying to fill the orders from Feb. I have a ten year old Ford transit I like it but it’s time to go for better mpg’s. I live in a very small city and apparently that is where they get the best mileage.

Escapes have an issue producing hybrids. Folks that ordered the PHEV in December are still waiting.

Expect Ford has supply chain allocation issues with hybrid components.

I ordered my 2.0 Escape March 19, and it has been built.

We'll be selling my wife's 2012 Escape Hybrid Limited as soon as my Escape comes in. Guess you dont want to go from a 10-year-old Transit to an 11-year-old Escape. :)

I passed my drivers test in one back in 1977.

Reactions: PaulOinMA
there are a couple of the seventy's models here if you need some parts

I know.

Escape, Bronco Sport, Maverick are the same platform. There seems to be a delay in producing hybrids. In this still COVID manufacturing environment, there seem to be some supply chain issues for some components.

When my Escape comes in, we'll be ordering a Bronco Sport for my wife.

Check out the Ford forums. I am on fordescape.org. There must be a similar forum for the Maverick.

This looks to be the same format as the Escape forum.

I also have ford-trucks bookmarked.

And blueovalforums bookmarked.

And FordAuthority for general news.

Here's Maverick news in the above.