Max Blank on eBay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

precaud

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny New Mexico
www.linearz.com
If you're in the midwest and looking for an absolutely gorgeous stove you might make a stab at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mega-Elegance-wood-stove-by-Max-Blank_W0QQitemZ170437906476

I have seen the Mega Elegance in person and it is easily one of the most beautiful stoves I've ever seen. If I lived up there I'd be all over this one. The seller is the importer and probably clearing some excess inventory. Manuals and data sheet are on his website. These things retail in the $4k range. Good luck.

Very nice stove but it's a tough niche market... design probably would be incredible with a gas stove

I used to sell those in my showroom. I think the true retail was closer to 6K. A very pretty stove that is built extremely well. Didn't sell for us because we are up in "good ole boy" country.

Agreed, the build quality is excellent, cost no object. They didn't do well here either, despite plenty of upscale buyers in this area.

What Precaud needs is an ex central NY sales person in Sunny New Mexico! Looking out the front door at horizontal snow.

Hey, it's been snowing here all day too.... there's no escaping it.

That stove is only about 45 min away from me.

If you were to gift it to me, I would be most grateful... :)

It has a 360 degree rotation option. Kewl.

Hauling firewood up to a penthouse apartment (which is where those stoves look like they belong) is probably a bit of a hard sell. Niche markets indeed.

ashpanannie said:
Hauling firewood up to a penthouse apartment (which is where those stoves look like they belong) is probably a bit of a hard sell.

Oh, I dunno about that. I could see giving up my X33, which I use daily, for one.

I just have a lot of respect for manufacturers who bring such artistry into their designs. These guys are definitely thinking outside the box, and build a superb product. It's hard to tell from a photo, but in person you would see that the quality of construction and finish on these make Jotuls look clunky. And they don't stick you with outdated combustion technology like cast iron liners, either.

precaud said:
ashpanannie said:
Hauling firewood up to a penthouse apartment (which is where those stoves look like they belong) is probably a bit of a hard sell.

Oh, I dunno about that. I could see giving up my X33, which I use daily, for one.

I just have a lot of respect for manufacturers who bring such artistry into their designs. These guys are definitely thinking outside the box, and build a superb product. It's hard to tell from a photo, but in person you would see that the quality of construction and finish on these make Jotuls look clunky. And they don't stick you with outdated combustion technology like cast iron liners, either.

You are one of a kind in the land of fake adobe sub-divisions Precaud.

Oh BB, that's cynical. I'm just an admirer of excellence.

Oh, and, having done some demolition work to them, I can assure you, the walls of my home are not fake...

But you're right - there are many faux adobe developments here. The newbies that move here don't know the difference.

I have spent a lot of time in Albuquerque, TorC, Portales, Ruidoso, Taos and places that I don't even remember their names. New Mexico is the most unique and fascinating state in the Union. Louisiana is a close second.

Can't picture a Max Blac stove in either one of them. :p

Well I respect your taste, BB. New Mexico is the perfect place to be "in it but not of it." A magnet for strong, eccentric folks. You'd fit right in. :)

You would be amazed what you will find in the numerous quite substantial homes tucked amongst the hills around here. Thousands who have made their fortunes on either coast come here to disappear, but with all the comfort and trappings of their previous life. I would have thought that Max Blank would have done well here.

Status
Not open for further replies.