May have to buy firewood - WWYD?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zzr7ky said:
Hi -

I found a chop saw handy for trimming odd lengths. quicker and easier than chain saw. Probably safer also.

ATB,
Mike

Over the years, I've gotten a fair amount of free firewood at moving sales and from folks who'd bought a cord for occasional fireplace fires but who'd lost their enthusiasm before the supply was burnt.

Lotsa pieces 2 or more inches too long for my firebox. The mitre saw in the shop is an easy and safe way (for me at least) to zing 'em down to size. And the trimmed ends are good burning for April and May fires when we just want a little heat to chase away a damp chill.

REgarding the original predicament - I was there once long ago, prolly early to mid-march. And once was enough for me. It pained me to have to pay for a half cord. I loaded it up myself and selected only ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.