Maybe in the shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't want this POS in the house

http://www.woodburnerwarehouse.co.uk/exclusive_designer_stoves.phtml
547.jpeg

(yes, that's gold, and about $4MM.)

See instead of the government give 700bn, they could buy every American houshold one of these to keep warm with high home heating prices these days. Might was well throw in 3-4 cords of wood as well.

Pretty soon you'll be able to burn wads of $100 bills in there, cheaply. I wonder if they come with an assay as to the real purity of the gold or silver.

LOL, looks like a poor job of applying gold leaf foil to a small, inefficient wood stove. I don't imagine they'll sell many; England's got it's very own version of a housing crisis (like a number of other countries that saw cheap financing proliferate and housing prices soar).

looks like a poor job of applying gold leaf foil to a small, inefficient wood stove

Plus its ugly. You think for that price it would at least look nice. I guess if you gild a pile of crap it still looks like a pile of crap but gold in color

Act now and he will throw in a set of "gold grills"

Attachments

• grillz.jpg
    grillz.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 300
This reminds me of the time I tried to chrome plate a turd. Rick

Texas boy said:
...the gold would melt off at fairly low temps...

That might require a fairly serious overfire:

10k yellow 1617F-1650F (881-891 C)
14k yellow 1524F-1606F (829-874 C)
18k yellow 1679F-1765F (915-963 C)

That might require a fairly serious overfire:

10k yellow 1617F-1650F (881-891 C)
14k yellow 1524F-1606F (829-874 C)
18k yellow 1679F-1765F (915-963 C)

Rick, could you even achieve 1600 degree temperatures in a wood stove?

ScottF said:
...Rick, could you even achieve 1600 degree temperatures in a wood stove?

With a blower, but then it wouldn't be a stove anymore, it'd be a forge. Rick

I'm not sure where I picked up this bit of info but.....I believe it is common to see ~1100F at the base of a cat or burn tubes.

LONDONDERRY said:
Does anyone know what the worlds most expensive wood is to burn in this stove?

Snake wood. Rarest wood in the world.

Unobtainawood. Real tough to find. Rick

LONDONDERRY said:
Does anyone know what the worlds most expensive wood is to burn in this stove?
I do. It's the elm I split last week, that stuff was such a pita I not sure I'd sell at any price.

Status
Not open for further replies.