Mcfeeters in da house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
Just picked up a ton of Mcfeeters Premium Emerald pellets for use in the shoulder season(s)
Got them at my local Aubuchon Hardware store about 1.5 miles from the house. Paid for the convenience. Not what I'd consider a good price at $250 a ton but because I didn't have to drive far I saved the $20 or so in gas money. Plus I have them in da house and stacked before October. :)

Had to return 12 bags due to water infiltration/sawdust. No problem swapping.

Also informed the manager of pellet qualities. He was pushing the Inferno's (Infernal's). I told him to spend some time in here to see what real consumers thought about them

FYI, They had Inferno's for $229, Green Supreme for $239 and Mcfeeter's for $249.

This is first of 4 tons for this year.

Oh yeah let Mr Warm know they have a white bag with a green Pine Tree on front of bag, lol

Pics to prove it.
---Nailer---.
2012-13 McFeeters 002.JPGS-2012-13 McFeeters 001 (1024x575).jpgS-2012-13 McFeeters 003 (1024x575).jpg

Softwoods... (Jealous guy right here :()

Thats a good price for a Softwood..

I am getting (about) 2 ton of Rocky Mountains on Fri. Supposed to be pretty good. Never burned a Softwood before. Looking forward to it.

Wish the dealer network, feed supply store, hardware stores, carried a better selection. Its always the same 3-5 brands.

I've got a ton ready to go, too. They get mixed reviews here (batch dependent?), but I'm getting close to dumping a bag in the hopper.

Oh yeah let Mr Warm know they have a white bag with a green Pine Tree on front of bag, lol

---Nailer---.

Nailer, With 4 tons you might just be a pig! ==c I burned some. Decent pellet with nice heat, But not as clean burning as some of the other softies out there, But a heck of alot cheapier. I can't find any this season or I probably would have picked some up. Keep us posted on how they do for you!

Mr. Warm's reply
I think my ol' Pine Tree was prettier than theirs……but it might just be me :p

Jay ,

Mr. Warm's reply
I think my ol' Pine Tree was prettier than theirs……but it might just be me :p

I have to agree with Mr. Warm. I don't expect anywhere near the same heat from these as his.

Next couple of tons will be DSP (deep season pellets). Okies, Vermonts, or other high BTU pellet.

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.