Menards has a deal on a splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiscWoody

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2011
Winter WI
image.jpg if you have a Menards within driving distance of you and your looking for a decent splitter I see that Menards has the Forest King 22 ton model on sale for $799 no credit checks or rebates involved like they usually have for this splitter. I have the splitter and I like it. Some say the engine is not the best but so far it has done well for me.

Reactions: Huntindog1
Great buy, IMO!

Reactions: WiscWoody
What's the stroke length and cycle time on it Woody?

Ya know, if you don't want to pay the $1100 for the fabulous Huskee 22, this actually looks like a nice unit for the price, I have seen other cheaper splitters that members bring up on here that I wouldn't touch with a 10ft pole.......
Good job Woody......

What's the stroke length and cycle time on it Woody?
Splits rounds up to 24" in length, has a 14 second cycle time. It has a LTC 6.5 hp engine with a two year warranty on the engine and a one year on the rest of the splitter. Some assembly required. I put mine together in about an hour and I found help to lift the heavy cylinder onto the base.

Last edited:
Wow that seems cheap. Had I not just spent nearly $200 on two new splitting axes I'd probably jump on that. Dangit. I like splitting by hand but I'm not a very big guy and tend to struggle with the bigger rounds. Also a Menards about 1mile out of my way on my trip from work to home and its in stock...

When I got mine I used my Menards card and I got six months 0% interest to make it easier to swallow.

Last edited:
Well I checked it out last night but passed. Was very tempted. But besides the big pile of rounds I have sitting outside now I don't know when I'd be splitting again unless I buy some woods. Which I'm looking to do but if I'm going to buy woods I need to be saving money not spending it. :confused: I've got a new splitting axe to try out so that is probably what swayed me. But still worried about all the bigger rounds.

Ram, I agree, what you said.

I hard to see, does it go vertical? When I need to turn mine vertical, it's the time you really need a splitter.

Ohio, it's just not your time. It will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.