Different small gas splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WiscWoody

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2011
Winter WI
I was at Menards yesterday and I stopped to look at their splitters even though I’m not shopping for one and I saw this different splitter, a gas 7 ton model for $500 but they‘ve been running a 11% merchandise rebate since the pandemic started So the real cost would be $445. If it were me I’d wait for a good sale like a Black Friday sale and get a bigger model or if I wanted a small splitter I might look for a good electric splitter with a little more power than the usual 5 ton capacity. What do you think?

PS- I see it has a cycle speed of 20 second. Agh! 6C28C78C-DA35-4F6B-B908-16C219B2746C.jpeg

Just shoot me. Shoot me now.
No way would I be willing to do that.

Signed
Super Split.
Well here’s what they say on Amazon about the speed of this splitter lol.

• The 80cc engine easily powers through logs up to 19 inches in length and 50 lb. in weight.
  • The 20-second cycle time and auto-return valve reduce work time, while the skewed wedge improves efficiency.
  • Champion Support - 2 year limited
The 20-second cycle time reduces work time but from what other way? Oh... maybe from one of those manually operated hydraulic splitters with two pump handles ::-) But lucky you if your a buyer it has a auto return valve! You sure your going to pass in this mighty machine Bad LP? Haha.

Reactions: kevin j
I guess it's very light so easy to move around compared to a "full size" splitter. Probably not as loud and more fuel efficient.

Reactions: kevin j
Well here’s what they say on Amazon about the speed of this splitter lol.

• The 80cc engine easily powers through logs up to 19 inches in length and 50 lb. in weight.
  • The 20-second cycle time and auto-return valve reduce work time, while the skewed wedge improves efficiency.
  • Champion Support - 2 year limited
The 20-second cycle time reduces work time but from what other way? Oh... maybe from one of those manually operated hydraulic splitters with two pump handles ::-) But lucky you if your a buyer it has a auto return valve! You sure your going to pass in this mighty machine Bad LP? Haha.

What happens at 22 inches and 60 pounds?

With that kind of cycle time, its gotta be made for someone who wants to take more breaks than split. That should be pretty close to a 20min break every half hour. Heck, it's got to take 10 to 15 min t osplit some of the big knotty pieces I have.