Mendota FV41-PF1 Vented Natural Gas FP - often won't ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dandrade

Oct 8, 2018
NJ
Need some troubleshooting tips. I have a Mendota vented FV-41-Proflame 1 for about 5 years. It's having trouble igniting which started last year. It hasn't been cold here in NJ so wanted to see if I can remedy the problem bf the cold sets in.

I put fresh batteries in remote and wall plate. The IPI and CPI can not be set from remote--only with switch on unit.

Currently, it's in IPI mode but even when I flick the switch to CPI mode on unit, it just clicks with no ignition. Sometimes it ignites with remote, sometimes with wall switch. It's not consistent. Blowers work. Flame adjusts via remote when it does light.

I did use an air compressor and gently cleaned out the firebox before reassembly, following all directions to not cover any openings, etc. Initially it lit but then went back to sometimes lighting, sometimes not.

Any ideas?