1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

merrimack owners -auto setback

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by micaaronfl, Nov 20, 2012.

1. micaaronfl

micaaronfl Member

Loc:
    pennsylvania
    hello all,

still having questions with the auto setback. i understand you need to pull it all the way left but is there a way to tell when it actually sets? i cant distinguish it and most of the time when i burn i dont notice a difference or hear a clang when it closes to the desired setting after the stove heats

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. micaaronfl

micaaronfl Member

Loc:
    pennsylvania
    bump
  3. Bluerubi

Bluerubi Member

Loc:
    Auburn, NH
    If you look through the top grate you can see the thin metal cable that pulls up the auto air flap. As you pull all the way left you can see the flap lift and hold in the upright position. Once my cable came loose, and I had to open things up to fix the connection, but I blame that on an improper install. As the stove comes up to temp you can hear it snap closed. Works really well in my case, and if I really want to get things going quick without the doors open I engage the auto flap, and leave the air valve in the wide open position.