Merrimack vs Rockland 550 price question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinL

Nov 24, 2014
United States
I posted a separate thread about which of these units might be better for my situation in south texas but also have a question about the quote I'm getting from a local dealer. For the Merrimack all in (unit, freight, tax, cast iron surround, liner, install, etc) he's somewhere between $5,200 and $5,300. For the Jotul 550 in the enamel/porcelain brown he's somewhere between $6,300 and $6,400. Those number sound really high to me based on a few prices I've seen others talk about in these forums. Let me know what you all think please. He also has the 550 sitting in a box in his shop and is likely willing to flex on that price some, but I'm not sure how much yet. Thanks.

I received a quote for the Merrimack for $3200. For the insert, the cast iron surround and delivery. A place local to me gave a price of $1400 for liner, blockoff and installation. Add tax and it would be about your $5200 price.

Status
Not open for further replies.