Merry Christmas my fellow pellet heads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Let me add my wishes -- and my thanks. I have received so much help from so many of you. This morning, the Accentra is keeping the house toasty warm in no small part to the members of The Pellet Mill. And yes, looking forward to a better 2021.

All the above from a corn burner. It's a balmy 18 here today and 70 inside with a little help from the central furnace.

Hopefully 2021 will be a better year at least from a virus standpoint.

Going through humidifier water like gangbusters. I like to hold the indoor RH at 55%, makes the heat actually feel warm.

Central furnace just kicked on as I type this post.

Merry Christmas to all
Wood heat and pellet heat are off
It is 10C and raining. We were to have
my brother and his family up
In order to social distance were planing a
weeny roast Christmas dinner at the fire pit
Fire moved close to the covered deck and the party goes on
Everyone stay well 2021 has to be better

Merry Christmas to all...
59 degrees this morning in what is shaping up to be a warm December in Vermont. Still fired up the stove anyways. My wife put up this ornament, hopefully `21 is much better!
Stay safe❤

FF4305AA-CD18-40CA-8C58-96041CB410F3.jpeg

Merry Christmas everyone! Thankyou all for the knowledge and friendly help on this forum! Balmy 16 degrees outside plus 8 inches of snow! 70 degrees inside with the help of Cozi Heat pellets and our happily running P61a chewing up the pellets. Enjoy the season everyone! In 4 short months we'll be cutting the grass again! !!!

Merry Christmas to all
Wood heat and pellet heat are off
It is 10C and raining. We were to have
my brother and his family up
In order to social distance were planing a
weeny roast Christmas dinner at the fire pit
Fire moved close to the covered deck and the party goes on
Everyone stay well 2021 has to be better
Lets see, my metric equivalents are rusty but isn't 10C about 50F?. Send that my way, it's 18 here and a dust of powder on everything and not fly ash either.....lol

My 'wenie' will stay where it is, under my long underwear and Carharts staying toasty.....lol

Lets see, my metric equivalents are rusty but isn't 10C about 50F?
You are spot on but remember 10c is a nice spring day here
We should be at -20 C this time of year and have snow up our ying yang

Merry Christmas To All.. Here its 25 degrees F, and just starting to snow. Yesterday rain and then freezing rain over night...

Attachments

• Chritsmask.jpg
    Chritsmask.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 88
Hope it's not just wishful thinking that 2021 will be better than 2020 was. Amy and I are getting real proficient at being hermits but I'd prefer to get the vaccine and resume a somewhat normal life. Besides, my buddy down the road has 5 more pallets of corn for me to haul down here. My barn is starting to resemble the coop.

Roasting it as fast as I can but the stove will only consume so much. Problem with really dry corn is, if I run the PPH feed rate much above the factory set point for HR5, the high limit shuts it off, the firebox gets too hot and the room air blower cannot strip the heat fast enough so it goes into shutdown.

If I had room inside the cabinet, I'd add another room air blower but there isn't enough room. to fit a second one.

16 out and 70 inside. RH is at 58%.

Nice Christmas dinner, ham, sweet potatoes and green beans from the garden with home made pumpkin pie for dessert and then we opened presents. My buddy in Maine made me a beautiful bird feeder that will never go outside, I go some overalls and socks and hard candy too. Got Amy a TSC gift card (she loves TSC) and a huge box of filled milk chocolates. Loves those too.

All the cats each got some ham as well and the ham bone is destined for navy bean soup and there are about 5 more ham meals left.

We picked up about an inch of snow today and it never got above 25 but in Maine where my buddy lives, it was in the 50's today. Strange weather.

Hope everyone had a nice comfortable stay at home Christmas like we did.

Merry Christmas to you ALL, Hope you all have a Happy New Year too.

I know 2020 was "rough", but I can't complain at all. I'm here, I'm 1099 days out from Zero day ... that being the day I got my stem cells back, I must say life is looking pretty good. I guess in part because I've been cautious of necessity in '18 & '19 as my immunities were restored, as I got over the shingles too, 2020 was easier to adjust to. 2021 ... I want to do some road trips.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all!
Strange weather over here, we haven't had any real winterly weather for ten years.
And tomorrow there's a storm coming, but no snow.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all!
Strange weather over here, we haven't had any real winterly weather for ten years.
And tomorrow there's a storm coming, but no snow.

I always enjoy watching the 'Cowgirl' video's of your rail system with the trains plowing through the snow drifts up in the mountains. It always looks cold and snowy. 2 things I don't particularly like but deal with anyway. I like 'footplate' rail videos as a rule, riding along with the engineer and seeing what he sees is always interesting and gives me a nice perspective of what living somewhere other than here is like.

Thanks for mentioning the "RailCowgirl" videos, Sidecar. Just found them on YouTube. Never heard of them before. Will take a look at it.

Reactions: Washed-Up and Ssyko
Watching rail video's like this allows me to visit places I'll never physically go to. Like going on vacation in a way. You need to check out some of the floorplate steam video's on You Tube of the Southern Pacific Big Boy 2-10-10 2 articulated locomotive. They build them huge in America. I love to watch steam locomotives especially riding in the cab. I can spend hours watching train video's. Nice to do on a cold snowy winter evening.

Watching rail video's like this allows me to visit places I'll never physically go to. Like going on vacation in a way. You need to check out some of the floorplate steam video's on You Tube of the Southern Pacific Big Boy 2-10-10 2 articulated locomotive. They build them huge in America. I love to watch steam locomotives especially riding in the cab. I can spend hours watching train video's. Nice to do on a cold snowy winter evening.

I like watching eScapes TV for that. Seeing places I’ll never visit. Along with relaxing music.

I like the 'Lost and Abandoned Mine' vids too. Gly Coolness goes into some interesting (and dangerous) mines out west. He's a professional geologist so he's always pointing out various rocks and materials in the mines and identifying them for his viewers (me included). I find his video's informative and at the same time he goes into places where only the brave would go. He either has no common sense or an abundance of knowledge, probably both. His video's are very professionally done, nice equipment and now he is rappelling down vertical shafts as well. Find it interesting to watch him rappelling down 500-700 foot shafts with his cameras recording everything. Guess he has a Flea-Bay site where he sells various minerals he brings up from the depths as well though I've never visited it.

Lots of abandoned gold, silver, tungsten and quartz mines in Nevada and Arizona.