Metalbestos VS Dura Vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzlydeere

Sep 7, 2009
Upstate NY
Just wondering what some opinions are on the quality of Metalbestos VS Dura Vent stove pipe are? I have several quotes from dealers on the install of a new chimney system for an existing stove and the dealers using Metalbestos are approx. $1100 more than the one using Dura Vent. Most of the cost difference seems to be in labor costs, but I'm wondering about the quality of the products also. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

I've used both and think they are comparable. I wouldn't spend $1100 more for one over the other. Also, both are fairly easy to install if you want to save some money and do it yourself.

Insurance agent said a professional install was required in order for anything to be covered in case of something happening. I'd much rather do it myself but in this case I can't. Trust me I will be there watching closely to mke sure it's done right!!!

I suppose more than anything they want someone to be able to sue. A properly permitted, constructed and inspected install was all that mine required.

Status
Not open for further replies.