Micore 300 Board Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

snbtwins

Jun 27, 2017
NY
I am trying to figure out the hearth protection pad for my gas fireplace - Mendota FV46. The manual recommends use of Micore 300 board 1/2" thick and that a metal lath screen can be used on top of the Micore board to attach marble slab to. What are your thoughts on that?

Thank you!

That heavy marble slab isn't going anywhere, I would think. I cut out the wood flooring, put down some Micore and then some black granite tiles on top of that. They aren't going anywhere because they are restrained by the wood. No grout either. It's just a little higher than the wood floor.

That heavy marble slab isn't going anywhere, I would think. I cut out the wood flooring, put down some Micore and then some black granite tiles on top of that. They aren't going anywhere because they are restrained by the wood. No grout either. It's just a little higher than the wood floor.

That is great to hear. Thank you so much for the response!