1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Mid-Moe what to expect???

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by yankeesouth, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yankeesouth

yankeesouth Member

Loc:
    Southwestern PA
    What can I expect from my….. what I think is a Mid-Moe? I picked this sucker up for $175.00 so I can’t complain. It is one heavy beast. Appears to be steel. It vents in the rear. Is there anything specific I need to know about the draft with this stove? I will be venting up a 20+ foot existing fireplace chimney. How long does it take to heat up? It has a 2 speed blower attachment. Any feedback on this stove will be much appreciated as I know very little about it other than I picked it up cheap and it is heavy?!?!?!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Oldmainer

Oldmainer Member

Loc:
    southern maine
    Hi Yankeesouth...I have and use a mid-moe and have for 14 years... and my son also has one. They are considered smoke dragons by some but they have worked good for us. We use semi-dried hardwood and find that we don't have much of a problem fouling our chimney's....which we clean two or three times during the winter. We control airflow in the stoves by the door dampers and don't use a pipe dampers. My E-mail is Knarfme@comcast.net if you want to chat more about the stoves. Franklin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.