Middle of August?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMA

Hearth Supporter
Well it's in the mid 50's this morning and the high temps last week were in the 60's. Feels more like September than August.

Are the temps below average throughout the country or just here in New England?

I had a pool installed late last summer. I start my vacation on Monday. I predict cooler than normal temps all next week. Argghh!

You should soon be warming up a bit. We here in Michigan were in the same boat for a few days but we are supposed to be in the low to mid 80's for the next few days...it "should" be heading your way.

xrayman said:
It's been cool here in iowa too. I'll take it last week it was 95-100

I'm with ya 100% on that one. It's summer, bring it on and bring it hot!!.

Weather here in Ohio has been absolutely beautiful. Low 80's during the day and 50's at night with little humidity. Feels like late September.

Yup. Had 46 here a few nights ago. Talked to a couple neighbors who told me their furnace came on, but just for a short time. Personally, I'd have the furnace shut down right now. Oil and LP is too expensive to use this time of year. And no, we did not have a fire in the stove, but did think about it. Only a passing thought.

48 degrees this am when I got up. Truthfully, I am not ready to feed the stove yet and as a matter of fact I am gonna try to hold out until mid October if at all possible. Its a long burning season for me! but I guess I better clean it all out and my chimney too pretty darn soon here

I think your right. I am still gonna hold off though!

Status
Not open for further replies.