Miguel Cabrera wins the Triple Crown!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
Not sure if we have any baseball fans here but this accomplishment is something that is truly special. The first triple crown winner since 1967(45 years)! When I think of all the people who have played the game in that amount of time it really helps put it into perspective for me.

What a season for the big man 44 HR, 139 RBI and a .330 average! The KC players and fans showed a lot of respect for Cabrera tonight with the standing ovation, classy move in my opinion!

I felt the Tigers have under achieved all season long so heres to hoping they turn it around in the playoffs! ;lol

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Now hat is cool!

(Its been a hard year for us Boston fans. We try not to think about baseball these days..)

Congrats to Miguel Cabrera on a truly rare accomplishment. Kudos to him for staying in the manager's office during the Tigers' Celebration & avoiding (HIS demon & MINE) alcohol. Smart move.

being a NYY fan i havent followed the tigers that closely, but i found myself down the stretch rooting for him to win the triple crown. from all accounts he's a very gracious guy and well liked throughout the league (unless youre pitching against him i guess). kudo's to him and a pat on the back to fielder who protected him in the order giving him cover to get more pitches to hit. (part of the game strategy) i hear "yaz" called and congratulated him on the accomplishment, showing the class he has oozing out of him as well.

good for him, good for the game!

You're telling me. I'm a NYY fan & the other half of my bed is occupied by a Sawx fan...

That must be fun!

being a NYY fan i havent followed the tigers that closely, but i found myself down the stretch rooting for him to win the triple crown. from all accounts he's a very gracious guy and well liked throughout the league (unless youre pitching against him i guess). kudo's to him and a pat on the back to fielder who protected him in the order giving him cover to get more pitches to hit. (part of the game strategy) i hear "yaz" called and congratulated him on the accomplishment, showing the class he has oozing out of him as well.

good for him, good for the game!

I work with some people that aren't impressed with Fielder, yeah .313 average, 30HR and 108 RBI hitting behind Miggy, yep looks like he's a bum! I tried to explain to them Fielder made it possible for Miggy to win the triple crown but they just don't get it. :rolleyes:

That must be fun!

I work with some people that aren't impressed with Fielder, yeah .313 average, 30HR and 108 RBI hitting behind Miggy, yep looks like he's a bum! I tried to explain to them Fielder made it possible for Miggy to win the triple crown but they just don't get it. :rolleyes:

well, having a big dangerous bat behind a solid hitter is always good for both, ya dont walk the one guy so the other can hit a 2 run dinger afterwards. look back at when boston was really strong , they had big papi hitting behind manny ramirez, now papi is still dangerous but after manny left papi's numbers kinda dipped. not because he wasnt just as good a hitter, but because pitchers could pitch around him easier without as big a bat behind him.so papi doesnt see as many "plump" pitches to hit.

well, having a big dangerous bat behind a solid hitter is always good for both, ya dont walk the one guy so the other can hit a 2 run dinger afterwards. look back at when boston was really strong , they had big papi hitting behind manny ramirez, now papi is still dangerous but after manny left papi's numbers kinda dipped. not because he wasnt just as good a hitter, but because pitchers could pitch around him easier without as big a bat behind him.so papi doesnt see as many "plump" pitches to hit.

Exactly the reason that Roger Maris received ZERO intentional walks in '61. The Mick was on deck...

Status
Not open for further replies.