1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Miguel Cabrera wins the Triple Crown!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by rdust, Oct 3, 2012.

1. rdust

rdust Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Not sure if we have any baseball fans here but this accomplishment is something that is truly special. The first triple crown winner since 1967(45 years)! When I think of all the people who have played the game in that amount of time it really helps put it into perspective for me.

What a season for the big man 44 HR, 139 RBI and a .330 average! The KC players and fans showed a lot of respect for Cabrera tonight with the standing ovation, classy move in my opinion!

I felt the Tigers have under achieved all season long so heres to hoping they turn it around in the playoffs! ;lol
    Backwoods Savage likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. velvetfoot

velvetfoot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    Incredible.
  3. jharkin

jharkin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Holliston, MA USA
    Now hat is cool!

(Its been a hard year for us Boston fans. We try not to think about baseball these days..)
  4. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Congrats to Miguel Cabrera on a truly rare accomplishment. Kudos to him for staying in the manager's office during the Tigers' Celebration & avoiding (HIS demon & MINE) alcohol. Smart move.
  5. DAKSY

Loc:
    You're telling me. I'm a NYY fan & the other half of my bed is occupied by a Sawx fan...
  6. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    being a NYY fan i havent followed the tigers that closely, but i found myself down the stretch rooting for him to win the triple crown. from all accounts he's a very gracious guy and well liked throughout the league (unless youre pitching against him i guess). kudo's to him and a pat on the back to fielder who protected him in the order giving him cover to get more pitches to hit. (part of the game strategy) i hear "yaz" called and congratulated him on the accomplishment, showing the class he has oozing out of him as well.

good for him, good for the game!
    Backwoods Savage, jharkin and DAKSY like this.
  7. rdust

rdust Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    That must be fun!

I work with some people that aren't impressed with Fielder, yeah .313 average, 30HR and 108 RBI hitting behind Miggy, yep looks like he's a bum! I tried to explain to them Fielder made it possible for Miggy to win the triple crown but they just don't get it. :rolleyes:
  8. DAKSY

Loc:
    Without getting into specifics, sometimes it is!
  9. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va

well, having a big dangerous bat behind a solid hitter is always good for both, ya dont walk the one guy so the other can hit a 2 run dinger afterwards. look back at when boston was really strong , they had big papi hitting behind manny ramirez, now papi is still dangerous but after manny left papi's numbers kinda dipped. not because he wasnt just as good a hitter, but because pitchers could pitch around him easier without as big a bat behind him.so papi doesnt see as many "plump" pitches to hit.
  10. DAKSY

Loc:
    Exactly the reason that Roger Maris received ZERO intentional walks in '61. The Mick was on deck...