millipede problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevebass4

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2006
Franklin MA
never seen this before but i have a millipede problem this year. tiny little black ones on the side of my home and in the basement. thought they were done until we had some rain today and they are back... really don't want to use strong pesticides as i have indoor / outdoor cats

any suggestions or thoughts on why i have this problem

thxs

Do millipedes cause some kind of problem?

with the exception of looking bad on the side of my house and having to sweep them up in the basement everyday i guess not but i'd rather not have them

have you tried to Google it? Millepede control, millepede pest control, etc..

A friend of mine by Albany had a huge earwig problem and found a solution via the internet which worked pretty well for him. Involved a small tuna can with a little oil in it.

Jay

Stevebass4 said:
never seen this before but i have a millipede problem this year. tiny little black ones on the side of my home and in the basement. thought they were done until we had some rain today and they are back... really don't want to use strong pesticides as i have indoor / outdoor cats

any suggestions or thoughts on why i have this problem

thxs

Tarantulas enjoy eating millipedes, just a thought

Ya but i hate spiders worse ;)

Here's a helpful replay. I had the same problem 2 years ago. Seems that I neglected to rake some leaves away from the foundation around the house and the leaves underneath the surface layer were wet and crawling with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.