"Mini" Stove Chow score........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Just caught an ad today for someone cleaning out their storage space, and apparently 30 bags of Chow needed to be removed. I quickly contacted the owner, and took them off his hands for a little over $3.00 a bag.

Next years stash is already up to 5.8 tons, and of course, as a good little piggy, I'll be watching my favorite place for more bargains during the spring/summer/fall. ;)

Reactions: geek
Nice find!!!!! HD near me has just less than a ton of Chows left...I'm waiting for price to drop...at $4.87 a bag I'd rather buy GAP's at a dollar less a bag.....

Nice find!!!!! HD near me has just less than a ton of Chows left...I'm waiting for price to drop...at $4.87 a bag I'd rather buy GAP's at a dollar less a bag.....

If you can get the GAP's at $3.87/bag, I wouldn't wait to get the Chow.

I was thinking the same thing too...GAP's are $195 a ton at the Cozy Barn and they burned very good for me too.....I'm really just trying to score th Chow's dirt cheap...oink! ;)

Nice score at $3/bag! ;)

I gotta get can in gear, My stash is just under 3 tons. PowerHouse seems to be the best deal so far at $199/ton.

question here then is are we getting burned over here on west coast with the higher priced hemlock/fir pellets?

question here then is are we getting burned over here on west coast with the higher priced hemlock/fir pellets?
There is normally a premium put on the Softwood Fir pellets. Higher BTU and cleaner burning allow them to charge that premium.

Putting a good Fir in the same category as Stove Chow is Apples and Oranges. IMO

Not taking away from Chow. But there is a difference.

There is normally a premium put on the Softwood Fir pellets. Higher BTU and cleaner burning allow them to charge that premium.

Putting a good Fir in the same category as Stove Chow is Apples and Oranges. IMO

Not taking away from Chow. But there is a difference.
Agreed....it would all depend on how much more $$ they are charging. I would pay somewhat more for fir, but not too much more. If I could get "regular" decent pellets for, say, $220/ton, then I would probably not go much over $250/ton for the fir/spruce/hemlock pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.