mmmmm MORE CHICKEN POT PIE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Made a new batch of Chicken pot pie.
The filling also makes one hellova soup....

Being here by myself. I cook bulk, then portion & freeze. Then just heat as needed.
This batch was 4lbs of chicken, 1 large can of chicken stock, veggies, 3 sticks butter, 1 large onion, some flour, spices, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can cream of celery soup, and 1- 2pack of pie dough.
Ate so much soup, not not hungry for the pie. But good for a few days eatin.

Attachments

• SAM_4813.jpg
    SAM_4813.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 387
  • SAM_4816.jpg
    SAM_4816.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 350
  • SAM_4817.jpg
    SAM_4817.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 351
  • SAM_4819.jpg
    SAM_4819.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 344
Damn Hog, I can almost taste that from here.
Made a huge pot of mac & cheese yesterday, but chicken pot pie may have to show up on the menu soon. AFTER the pizza I plan to make.
So many choices!

Mac & cheese & pizza rocks too!
I love a good pizza with lots o pepperoni!
Just tapped into the pie for slice #2. Can't stop eating LOL

Attachments

• SAM_4820.jpg
    SAM_4820.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 339
Stop posting things like this, or I'm going to bill you for the napkins I use to wipe my chin. Reminds me, I need to go out and check the traps, to see what's for dinner. :shut:

Hogwildz said:
Mac & cheese & pizza rocks too!
I love a good pizza with lots o pepperoni!
Just tapped into the pie for slice #2. Can't stop eating LOL
Looks Good I Wan't a slice for breakfast. Pie that is (pizza or pot pie can't make up my mind. Guess I'll have both)

I am damn impressed with that pie Hogwildz, You rock!!!

Beetle-Kill said:
Stop posting things like this, or I'm going to bill you for the napkins I use to wipe my chin. Reminds me, I need to go out and check the traps, to see what's for dinner. :shut:

Hey now, be eco smart. Use a bib with a slobber collector at the bottom & save the trees!!!!

GAMMA RAY said:
I am damn impressed with that pie Hogwildz, You rock!!!

Thank GR.Aside from the 18 mini pot pies I made last month. This is the first ever 9" pie of anything that I ever made. And I am quite pleased.
I even learned to put the tin foil around the edge so not to burn the edge of the crust.
Now I may move on to apple pie next .mmmmmmmmmmm

Actually, I have a recipe for slow cooker chicken & dumplings that I been dying to do. That may be next.
Ok, off for a pc of pie, yum yum.

hey hog-after seeing you last post, i made a beef pot pie in a small casserol pan. turned out "ok" and thats about all i can say for it!

yooperdave said:
hey hog-after seeing you last post, i made a beef pot pie in a small casserol pan. turned out "ok" and thats about all i can say for it!

I used to just take what was on hand, blend it all together and add spices. Sometimes hit, sometimes miss.
I been getting recipes off allrecipes.com and doctoring them to my taste. Great website.

Status
Not open for further replies.