1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Modern Chimney Sweep

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by 10-cc, May 6, 2013.

1. 10-cc

10-cc Member

Loc:
    St-Bruno, Quebec, Canada

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    Guessing that is a gas powered vacuum, looks like it spins a squirrel cage fan to create suction. Looks like it is sucking up the fine creosote dust, but that pipe would still need to be swept using a brush to get the harder glazed creosote to come off the pipe.

I am sure the neighbors love that, that guy needs to be wearing a eye and breathing protection.

But then again this is Russia. In Russia creosote eats you!
  3. bag of hammers

bag of hammers Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern ON
    What a great day to hang the laundry out on the line...
    Hills Hoard and pen like this.
  4. bmblank

bmblank Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    That would be a leaf blower. That is a demonstration of the leaf blower trick (lbt). Many pellet burners do that. This has to be the fourth time this video has come up in as many weeks.
    Halfway through writing that i realized that this may be a troll... In which case i just got burned. Peace, I'm out.
  5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Holy crap! Wouldn't want folks doing that and as mellow stated, what about the stuff on the walls?
  6. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    I do a modified lbt on my pallet stove venting. Use a Linteater set with shop vac. Brushes the vent piping and sucka it all up into the vac or shoots all the ash out the vac if I remove the filter. Always a good show. :D Many videos in the pellet forum.....
  7. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Yep... the good ol LBT :)

I do it to my stoves and my Fathers :) We don't live in the city and my closest neighbor is a few hundred yards away. So no worries and no complaints here.

But, that seems to black to be a Pellet stove? I wonder if its a coal Stoker stove? That is a LOT of ash and soot. The best LBT before this one, was Smoke Shows. But the color should be a Brown/light Brown/ to grey ash color. Not Black!
  8. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Kinda like cowboys clean out the pickup truck. Open the doors and grab the leaf blower.
  9. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    brian89gp, DexterDay and BrotherBart like this.
  10. daryl

daryl Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western WI
    I'm going out on a pellet stove service call tomorrow and one of the first things I do is hook up the leaf blower (in suction mode). I leave it hooked up while doing the whole cleaning. 8 out ten times this fixes their problem. I Love my leaf blower.