Monitoring zero clearance temperatures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Xv20190

Jan 31, 2018
Indiana
Hello all

Currently have a brand new Valcourt Lafayette FP10 with double walked duravent installed into my home with the stone for the hearth to be completed this weekend. I have been reading about how important it is to monitor stove temperatures for efficiency and safety. What are my best options without having any access into the chase to get to the stove pipe. Does a remote probe to go into the fireplace itself with an external monitor exist?

Looking very forward to my first few fires when the temperatures start to drop. I realize it's still going to be a learning curve but I'm trying to learn as much as I can before instead of trial and error.

A fireplace is different from a stove installation. There are no probes to monitor flue gas temps in chimney pipe.

The best benefit initially would be to read and follow the manual's guidance for burning. Even with instrumentation it's important to use one's senses for guidance.