1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

More after work wood.

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by clemsonfor, Aug 15, 2013.

1. clemsonfor

clemsonfor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Greenwood county, SC
    Most probably remember the pics from a few weeks ago. But I looked this week and someone got the main trunk of the 12-14" tree so I figure I should get what I can. They left the top portion of the 20" trunk. I got another 8 rounds of it which went to the first fork and was also a bucked piece where it was cut to move it. I wanted that smaller as its easy splitting and getting but oh well. Here is today's trip.

And this time I was an inch to 1.5 off the bump stops, a perfect load.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jacktheknife

Jacktheknife Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lakota, Iowa
    Have you thought about leaving the toolbox at home?
  3. clemsonfor

Loc:
    Greenwood county, SC
    That's a royal pain to take off. Plus it could barely hold anymore. I could cram more I'm their but just wnnted to get home. There was still some room up top and in the back to put more. Heck the bump stops were 1" from sitting on the axle. I have no idea how y'all with long Ned s10 and rangers without toolbox fill them all the way up and sag leas than mine??

Oh notice the green epicormic branches or sprouts that are sprouting off the trunk. Tree has been blown down and severed Fromm root ball for close to 2 months.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  4. basod

basod Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mount Cheaha Alabama
    The long beds used to have different springs -not sure if that's still the case. Used to load my brothers long bed S-10 to the side rail with travel left
    If you had the weight further forward it wouldn't squat so bad either...
    Who really cares though its beater wood truck - use on as intended
  5. clemsonfor

Loc:
    Greenwood county, SC
    Umm that's not a beater truck, that's my good truck!! I drive a Saturn every day to save fuel but if I dis not ha e it I would be in the ranger. Can't afford another one.
  6. 343amc

343amc Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Michigan
    I've had my S-10 long box (1985) on the stops/overloads with a load of fresh red oak once. Never again. The RPO tag claims 1500 pound payload capacity (With a 2.5 4 cylinder and 3.73 rear end, go figure on that combo). Handling goes right down in the toilet. Most of what i cut is deadfall and tops left over from an area that was logged so I can get it level with the top of the bed and still have some spring travel to spare.

I bought it when I was 16. I've owned it 22 years. It refuses to die, so it keeps getting worked.

Nice score by the way.