More getting ahead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FaithfulWoodsman

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2015
Geographic Center of Ohio
Hoping I have enough to make it the rest of this year, I decided to work on getting some good stuff for a few years ahead. This would be for 18/19. White oak of some kind. Leaves were like a mix between a bur and white oak leaf, but not perfectly like either one. Rays are also very hard to see if at all on some. Either way it'll burn.
IMG_20160215_171534.jpg

There is nothing wrong with getting ahead.. Looks great.. I have a lot of work to do myself found nice dead fallen oaks and mulberry in the timber.

Reactions: FaithfulWoodsman
There is nothing wrong with getting ahead.. Looks great.. I have a lot of work to do myself found nice dead fallen oaks and mulberry in the timber.
I have one mulberry I'm waiting on. Never burned any, but hear its quite good too. Likes to spark though. When I cut it down we burned some of the dead branches in the fire ring. Looked like Roman candles for a bit, but very cool to watch.

Well I haven't burned much mulberry either and thought it wasn't even worth css until I read a forum on it. Was convinced that it is really good stuff when dry. They said it burns like black locust really nice and hot. I've burned a little hedge before and mulberry performs like hedge to some extent. Good luck with it and I will let you know of my progress on mine as soon as I venture on out to the timber, I think this weekend might look good!!!!;)

Reactions: FaithfulWoodsman
Look forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.