more heat from jotul 118

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldjotul118

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
I'm trying to heat a 2200 sq foot home with my old jotul 118. As of now I can heat two story addition where stove is located and most of first floor of main house. Unfortunately addition will be around 75 and main house gets to about 66. I have a fan behind stove trying to push air into main house. Should I just put a ceiling fan in addition to keep heat from just rising to second story or cut a vent hole into second story of main house?

Not sure how it would work with a radiant stove, but with convection stoves I've blown air "into" the room with door mounted corner fans or box fans and had better results than a fan behind the stove blowing out. Try it!

Try pushing colder air toward the stove room with a fan on the floor in the colder area running on low speed. Warm air will replace the displaced cold air.

Status
Not open for further replies.