More Oslo pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
More pictures of it running with some hickory, just before I damp it down for a long winters nap.

Attachments

• DSC_5248.jpg
    DSC_5248.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 644
  • oslo11.jpg
    oslo11.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 647
WOODBUTCHER said:
More pictures of it running with some hickory, just before I damp it down for a long winters nap.
Night night. :p Looks like a few BTUS to hold back there to make her snore. I like.

That fire is ripping along pretty good. For grins... the same amount of fuel similarly ablaze in my Hearthstone would only last about 4 hours. That is the difference between hickory and doug fir. How long would that fire hold out on hardwood?

I got about 11 hrs out of it.....I put 3 good size pieces of hickory in it around 10 am. I returned later from shopping at 9 pm and had big chunks of coals and 200 degrees on top.
I've never really had the chance to burn Hickory before in large amounts, but I'll tell ya, that stuff is dense and heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.