more outdoor woodfurnace ban talk in Ct.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical politicians thinking again! I would urge all you folks from CT to write to those who are in control of making these foolish laws and voice your opinions. Tell them about the alternatives that are currently out there such as wood gasification. Tell them that there is a clean alternative to burning a traditional OWB. These politicians seem to only see one side of every issue, they must be educated in the new technology such as gasifiation. Unfortunately the traditional OWB manufacturers are still pushing the old stuff because there is so much of it still out there and most of them don't have anything of any quality or that even works, so in the mean time the smoke belchers are still being sold. Much of the bad press would go away if the traditional OWB owners would get it through their heads that you should burn dry seasoned wood. The gasser user's have figured it out, why can't the traditional OWB people get it? Sometimes they are their worst enemies. I still hear people say they are burning tires and wood cut last summer that is just big enough to get through the door. No wonder they create offensive smoke.

Thanks for keeping us updated with that article. I feel certain that soon the state will ban OWB.
Once they've convinced themselves that "the science is behind us", its over in my opinion.
Just like the national health care bill, the 'ordinary' citizen won't have a say, regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.