More praise for Woodstock

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
Did my first break in burn last week and the next day I decided to check the firebox to check for damage. I noticed that three of the four corner joints had extra cement in them but the fourth did not. I didn't check deep into the joint to see if there was cement deep inside or not but thought I would send Woodstock an email to see what their thoughts were. A quick response from them advising that this was normal but for peace of mind they were sending me a tube of cement to repair the joint. Very pleased!

fv

Since you have already had a fire in it, clean that joint really well before you goop it. Talking water and paper towels here.

Will do.

fv

BrotherBart said:
Since you have already had a fire in it, clean that joint really well before you goop it. Talking water and paper towels here.

For what it's worth I just thought I would add that most of the furnace cements I have used state that the parts should be damp when applying the cement for the best adhesion.

More good info, thanks!

fv

Also, in the future if you have an area in question it is a good idea to take pictures, especially close-up pictures as that will help the guys at Woodstock to determine the right course of action.

I was prepared to do that but they didn't ask.

fv

Status
Not open for further replies.