Morso 1410--Wood or Coal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleNickel

Nov 22, 2008
Adirondack Mts, NY
Anyone own or have used a Morso 1410 Squirrel. I would appreciate any information. I'm looking for a small stove. I have a 900 sq foot apartment with no up or downstairs. It's well insulated. The coal version of this stove will burn wood to, in which I have been told?

With the coal stove, the door has 2 spin drafts for primary and secondary air. The wood version only has the bottom spin draft for the primary air.

If your burning coal, you have to install the 2 coal inserts which guides the coal to the grate. So I guess with burning wood, they can be taken out.

The wood version has different top baffels for a cleaner wood burn. I don't believe that will make a big difference, since this place is so small?

Thank you all for your help.

Wood owners manual http://www.morsona.com/content/72145200+-+1410_USA.pdf

Coal owners manual http://www.morsona.com/content/1410coal.pdf

I bought the wood version last month. I have yet to install it. I almost went coal but picked the wood instead due to bit. coal that was available. NEPA crossroads has some reviews on them there.

I checked them out,look inside this stove.With the tubes this stove tapers so hard in the back that you would have a very hard time fitting wood in it.Don't buy 1 till you look inside the firebox yourself.I liked this stove myself but Wow! Like 6" clearance

You will have considerably more ash and clunkers with coal than wood.
Pound for pound, coal produces much more heat than wood.
If you go coal:
1. Make sure to burn anthracite (not bituminous coal) which is clean burning
2. Make sure anthracite is available in your area

Aye,
Marty

If you insist on a small coal stove, look into the Harman Mark 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.