1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Morso 1B0 vs. Morso 2Bclassic

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Morso1bo, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Morso1bo

Morso1bo New Member

Loc:
    western new hampshire
    Hi,
    I have an old Morso 1B0 in my 200 year old home (with minimal insulation) which is in need of replacement. I was wondering if there is any way that the new 2B Classic (rated for 1200 sqft) would be able to put out as much heat as the bigger grandaddy the Morso 1B0. I think I already know the answer to this but just wanted some other viewpoints.
    Thanks for any advice on this topic.
    Mark

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    My guess would be no - the firebox on the new one is much smaller......
    Even if it could put out as much heat, it would be for a shorter duration of time....that's my opinion.
  3. cmonSTART

cmonSTART Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Antrim, NH
    I have to agree. A smaller firebox means less BTU's can fit inside at once. Less heat.
  4. Morso1bo

Morso1bo New Member

Loc:
    western new hampshire
    Thanks guys. I figured that was going to be the case. I found a good deal on one and was hoping someone might talk me into trying it. I have a new 2b0 heating the two bedrooms upstairs and it is a wonderful little stove. I have to agree that it would have a hard time keeping up with the downstairs.
    Thanks again for the input.