Morso 6148B How hot (on top)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ryangr

Oct 24, 2022
South Dakota
IF I REAR VENT the Morso 6148 would I get a hot enough cook top space on top (Teapot/Can of beans, etc..).
It would defeat the purpose of rear venting the stove if the top doesn’t get hot enough anyway?? I can’t find anyone that can give me an answer on this one!!
Thank you All!!
Ryan

I'm not positive, but the 6100 series appear to have a convective top that separates the actual stove top from the top of the firebox. The parts diagram shows in inner top plate separated from the outside top plate with an air spacer. If so, it may be hard to boil water on the stove regardless of top or rear venting. If the inner top plate has an opening in the center for top venting, then yes, it may be possible to get the stove top quite hot.

One thing with this stove to watch out for, it has curved glass, which is very expensive to replace. Treat it with care.

Last edited: