Morso Hearth Plates

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holzstapel

Burning Hunk
Jun 7, 2013
New Jersey
I have been trying to get some specific information regarding the size of a steel Morso Hearth Plate. I contacted my local dealer and he did his best to get me the information that I need, but said I should try contacting one of the North American Morso Reps. I have emailed and talked to two of them. One in Vermont and the other is located in British Columbia. Neither of these contacts were able to help me and one of them told me in so few words to go away because I wasn't purchasing a Morso stove. What stove I am purchasing has nothing to do with my question.

I need a hearth that is 33" wide X 41" long. Morso sells a plate that is 34" wide and 44" long with an arch at the end. My local code official wants to know the size of the hearth plate before the arch - basically the rectangular dimension. The plate I am asking about is the 2nd one down on the right side of this page - http://www.morsona.com/morsoe-hearth-plates . The drawings on the Morso page are not to scale. Is there someone here who might have this same hearth plate? Perhaps there is a Morso dealer on the forums who can help me out?

Sure, I could contact a local steel fabricator and have one cut to size, but I am now determined to get the information that I need.

That's also what I am looking for. You could post the phone number and we could all call them until we get the answer.

The phone numbers and email for the contacts can be found at the bottom of the Morso homepage - http://www.morsona.com/. I will probably end up contacting a local steel fabricator as I have already drawn up exactly what I need in AutoCAD. My local Morso dealer quoted me $275 drop shipped for the Morso plate, so I'm hoping the local fabricator will come in lower. Morso plates are 2mm thick and I will go with 1/8".

The first rep I contacted yesterday emailed me again today with some useful information. The diagrams that are on the Morso site are for the glass hearth plates, not the steel ones. Also, the diagrams on the website are out of date and the sizes of some of them have changed. The local Morso dealer quoted me $275 drop shipped to my door.

I contacted the steel fabricator and an 11ga. 33"x41" steel plate with beveled edges will cost me $107. The powder coat will cost an additional $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.