Morso lovers - new Morso stoves on eBay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were going to the dark side (Quad) ? Is the price that much better than what you can get it for locally? The 3610 price is probably the same as can be bought locally, $300 for shipping to me kills any deal. I guess its good if you are in that (Washington) area.

Who sez we can only have one stove?!?! :) I'm installing the little Jotul in the basement this summer, but the 3410 footprint would fit better...

And yes, the price is nearly half of the local price... only one dealer in the state here, and they jack the prices up bigtime.

Man that sucks about the local pricing! There are plenty of dealers in the Northeast. I guess since one of the distributors is here (Vermont) that is one reason the prices are better. I drove to New Hampshire to save on the sales tax too :)

Those stoves are really close to me. Portage, Wisconsin. I'm checking the seller's prior auctions, and I'm not seeing any similar sales. Some sales of cheap fireplace tool sets and a supplemental heater. It might be on the up and up, but those kind of auctions for that kind of money make me nervous. Also, where would the dealer support be for this type of purchase? I'd be pretty much on my own, wouldn't I? I like the 3610, and I like to take advantage of good deals, but...

Yeah, pretty sure you'd be on your own as far as dealer support goes, but I could be wrong.

As far as the money and the purchase goes though, i've bought quite a few stoves from ebay and haven't had a problem yet. Not that that means anything about this sale though.

I've gotten:

The VS Aspen
An older dutchwest
A newer dutchwest
A vigilant coal stove
A gibraltar

All as stated, no problems at all. Just something to think about I guess.

northwinds said:
Those stoves are really close to me. Portage, Wisconsin. I'm checking the seller's prior auctions, and I'm not seeing any similar sales. Some sales of cheap fireplace tool sets and a supplemental heater. It might be on the up and up, but those kind of auctions for that kind of money make me nervous. Also, where would the dealer support be for this type of purchase? I'd be pretty much on my own, wouldn't I? I like the 3610, and I like to take advantage of good deals, but...

If you're really interested, present your questions to the seller. I have nearly 1800 transactions on eBay and have had very few problems. Most dishonest sellers won't do things correctly (good photos, special shipping arrangements, thorough descriptions.) Use your credit card through PayPal and sick your card company on them if they screw you.

precaud said:
northwinds said:

If you're really interested, present your questions to the seller. I have nearly 1800 transactions on eBay and have had very few problems. Most dishonest sellers won't do things correctly (good photos, special shipping arrangements, thorough descriptions.) Use your credit card through PayPal and sick your card company on them if they screw you.

I've only completed 40-some transactions. They all went well except for one, but it was an expensive lesson for me.

I sent the Morso seller some questions. I'm still concerned about the lack of dealer support and possible lack of warranty. We'll see where it goes. I'm also going to call some Madison area dealers to see what current prices are on the 3610.

northwinds said:
I sent the Morso seller some questions. I'm still concerned about the lack of dealer support and possible lack of warranty. We'll see where it goes. I'm also going to call some Madison area dealers to see what current prices are on the 3610.
Great, let us know what he says.

You don't have a vacation planned down New Mexico way, by chance? If so, could give a wayward 1410 a ride? :)

I just got an email from the guy, it's a floor model, not in original box, and the guarantee is from Morso, not him. So it sounds like cash and carry.

I got one too:

"The stove is brand new, and will come with the standard Morso warranty. We have a store in Portage Wisconsin."

Edit: I went to look at these auctions again, and all of the stoves except for the 3610 have had the auctions terminated with the notation that the items are not for sale--zero bids.

Status
Not open for further replies.