Morso Standard 2b

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AlM

May 13, 2014
Nova Scotia
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts/ advice about the Morso Standard 2B?

I'm looking for something in eastern Canada (we already have an Enviro pellet stove that I dislike, mainly for the noise and space component) but it appears there was a wood stove there before. Though it's only a direct vent system so I'd have to install a stainless steel chimney.

I live in a 1000 square foot house (1.5 story) so about 750 sq feet on the main level I'm hoping to heat. It's a very open floor plan. I'm looking for something that heats up fast, but not in need of something that will hold a long burn. I guess looking for strong radiant heat as well as ambiance.

I am drawn to the Morso because of: 1) price 2) looks 3) size 4) reviews I've read.
Any advice or other alternatives would be appreciated!
Had also looking into the Jotul Nordic, though it's a bit more expensive, and I'm not sure I like the look of it as much.

Thanks.

The 2B is a good little room heater and it does warm up pretty quickly. It should work ok for the parameters you have given. Can you provide more detail about the proposed flue? Will this be a new chimney or tying into an existing masonry flue?

Thanks for your response. It won't be through a masonry chimney, it would have to be a new one either going through the wall and being braced up, or going straight up through the second floor closet and then through the room (both likely selkirk stainless steel).