Mother nature can kiss my white ash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

Got out this morning and bucked a white ash I had planned on doing since last weekend. It was snowing at a decent rate, and only got about 3", ended up melting and dripping all over me, and the mud got bad. I got it loaded in the trailer and brought it home, split & stacked it. No pics this time, wanted to get in and out. Temps are hovering around freezing, winds will p/u and temps will drop soon, but I got 'er done.

Good deal! :)
In the middle of the afternoon, it's only 22 out with wind. I'm hiding inside for a couple of days!

Backwoods, nice job on the White Ash but please do not piss off Mother Nature, she has been kind to us this winter. It was about 17 degrees without any wind when I went back in, after splitting the pine the gloves got wet, had extra gloves & hand warmers but I called it a day.

Came home to the wife cooking Great Northern White Bean Soup, the house is smelling great, can't wait to have some.

zap

zapny said:
Backwoods, nice job on the White Ash but please do not piss off Mother Nature, she has been kind to us this winter. It was about 17 degrees without any wind when I went back in, after splitting the pine the gloves got wet, had extra gloves & hand warmers but I called it a day.

Came home to the wife cooking Great Northern White Bean Soup, the house is smelling great, can't wait to have some.

zap

She won't be mad, because I'm cleaning up the woods, and plan on burning the ash borer within the tree. She will be pleased. Besides, she is too busy dumping on europe and alaska. Now old man winter is a whole nuther thing.... He I won't piss off. I can smell the soup from here. :)

Going to be 5 degrees Sunday and I will be in it! (Not that I am going to like it)

smokinjay said:
Going to be 5 degrees Sunday and I will be in it! (Not that I am going to like it)
Can't you stall for time? :cheese:

Backwoods the temps here in the cenral mtns just plummeted in the last couple hours. Wind is howling and its snowing like mad......it's coming yer way!!

Scotty Overkill said:
Backwoods the temps here in the cenral mtns just plummeted in the last couple hours. Wind is howling and its snowing like mad......it's coming yer way!!

Thx for the heads up, mid 20's at the moment and dropping, supposed to get 45mph gusts.... Old man winter might be coming.

Looks like the weather will turn mild here in Northern NY starting on Monday and last thru Friday, for us this is a one day surge of cold. If this continues I'll be cutting up top in two weeks.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.