Mother Nature Gives Again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Went for a ride in the rhino with the wife for the first time in 12 days back in the woods and my wife noticed the nice Beech down on the side of the hill and the one small Sugar Maple on another hill.

Looks like this weekend I'll tackle the uprooted Cherry tree so we can use that area during the summer.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2857.jpg
    100_2857.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 335
  • 100_2856.jpg
    100_2856.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_2854.jpg
    100_2854.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 100_2855.jpg
    100_2855.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 312
Ahh....the Zapny firewood garden! Nice finds - looks like fun - itching to get some cutting done, but been too busy! Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
Ahh....the Zapny firewood garden! Nice finds - looks like fun - itching to get some cutting done, but been too busy! Cheers!

Same here NH_Wood, looks like I'll be cutting some of this downed stuff straight through the summer just so it won't rot.

Zap

Get It While You Can

Go get um Zap. Man I love your piece of paradise. Your pictures are always very enjoyable.

We've had a bunch of rain here too Zap. Looks like we are going to set a record for April.

Zap, that looks like some really good wood there! Have fun cutting it and I like to cut those that are down but still not on the ground. So long as you are careful it makes things very easy.

SolarAndWood said:
We've had a bunch of rain here too Zap. Looks like we are going to set a record for April.

Solar when I was in North Carolina my sister came down to take my place so I could come back and she was showing me the pictures of 81, that must of been some down pour!

Flooding is taking place along the Racquette River in Saranac Lake,Tupper Lake, Colton and possible in any low areas along the river.

zap

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, that looks like some really good wood there! Have fun cutting it and I like to cut those that are down but still not on the ground. So long as you are careful it makes things very easy.

Sav it looks like we will have a nice supply of beech. I would like to take care of two cherry trees this weekend that are uprooted then get going on the beech but we will see what type of flooding takes place in our area.

The brook is higher than last night and expected to rise more, we should be fine unless a tree comes down the brook in all this water. This is route 56 bridge that the brook runs under then through our woods and the pictures are from what happened last time some trees came down the brook along with the high water about four or five years ago.

GIBIR

Attachments

• DSC01204.jpg
    DSC01204.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC01208.jpg
    DSC01208.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 206
Let's hope that doesn't happen again! We have some minor flooding around here but because we live on sand it is no problem for us. Plus our house is on high ground so even that time we got 20" of rain we were dry....but it was a bit difficult getting around most areas then. I hope to never see that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.