Motorized 4 way ESBE valve control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I have a 150 gal hydraulic separator from which I get heat from wood boiler or from my 1000 gal storage tank. Between the hydraulic separator and the storage I have a circ pump and a esbe 4 way valve which I operate manually . I will be purchasing a motor for the esbe valve. What would be the best way to contol pump and valve. I would like to have it set up so the pump isnt running when not needed.

Huff

If you're looking for a simple way, I have no clue.

You can start your control scenario with a series of "and", "or" statements of your planned operating conditions and then build it out of control relays or a small brick programmable smart relay.

for example:

if demand and the boiler is firing, load the hydraulic separator but not storage, when the hydraulic separator is at temp and the boiler is firing, load storage.

If demand and the boiler is off, draw from the hydraulic separator but not storage until hydraulic separator is below low limit setpoint, then draw from storage if storage is above setpoint.

If no demand (no call for heat) and the boiler is off, everything off.

It's really a custom control, sequence of operations, based on your particular equipment layout. Once you have written down the statements of what you want to happen in the various scenarios of operating conditions, you can automate it with hardwired relays or a programmable small PLC type brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.